Monday, August 14, 2006

Spangle

I should be way too embarrassed to even put these up, but then again they're way too ridiculous to not. Plus, I'm comforted by constantly repeating to myself that I was but a wee teenager of fifteen and have since become like waaay cooler...

Pretty much, I wanted to be a Star Spangled Girl (slash our high school dance team). I ravenously coveted the fishnet stockings, the white gogo boots, the feathered head-piece...and the air of superiority and prestige that came hand in hand with being a Star Spangled Girl. I often day dreamed straight through geometry class about doing the can can during half time shows - I just had to try out!!

Well, we had to take a "picture" for the application. So...

Wow, the quality of this picture is astounding. I was really putting my all into this shot, but my cat's big fat head got in the way. GOSH!



I'm pretty sure this one was ended up being the winner. I mean, look at that stance...such elegant poise, like a mountain goat nobly surveying his land.



Anna was trying out too, and scary enough she actually really looked the part.



Stud McStudlyton!!



Anna undoubtedly felt a solomn honor as she was forced- I mean...given the elite privilege of taking my picture while I put on probably the best show she'd ever seen.


Oh! This is me doing a...dang, I forgot what they're called, but they're so way cool even if they do make your shoulders eat your neck. I'm getting like three feet of air this time! I think my tongue hanging out plus my vacuum cleaner in the background really completes its overall effect.


I can't believe I didn't make it...making me like the biggest LOSER ever!! That tryout was so rigged because I totally rocked that dance.

Oh well. Instead I got stuck doing this:

...a purple spandex tap dance.


But you know what...OH WELL. I don't even care that I didn't make it. Five years and 20 pounds later, I'm over it. For real. No seriously. I'M SO OVER IT!! NO YOU'VE GOTTA BELIEVE ME!!! YOU DON'T!?!? BECAUSE I REALLY AM!! Doh...

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt about it....You was robbed!

 
At 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Haley it's me Claudia. Great blog, I liked the photo of your big fat cat in the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home