Monday, December 18, 2006

sayonara okinawa...or maybe matta ne!



I am at a lack for pictures, because I was too busy soaking up every last moment with the Oki crew. Our last night all together a few of us stayed up until Joanna had to come down and put us to bed, just hangin out and procrastinating with the goodbyes. Then the next day I was the first to head out, 7:00 in the morning.

JAL told me I didn't have a ticket, which was a slight problem. But Kayo and Natsuki were there, and they pretty much saved my life even though I did miss my original flight. でも、I got to hang out longer with them and take purikura から いい でした! And I still got to Tokyo on time! I was trying to wait up for Shannon and Michelle in Tokyo so we could ride the bus from Haneda to Narita together, but I looked up the wrong flight (doh). So I went ahead and bought my ticket, pretty bummed out. Then as the bus pulled up I hear a distinctly American voice go "Yo what the!" and to my utter jubliation it was none other than Shannon and Michelle, who had boarded the bus at the previous terminal.

God was totally with me, guiding my steps, so I didn't end up in Africa.

I've since stuffed my face with food, including ocha and homemade unagi sushi from ba-chan. We had fun speaking in Japanese, or more like she had fun laughing at mine and my mom's ridiculous Japanese skills.

More pics later, as I eventually get them from other peeps.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Haley and miss her stinky head! I'm glad you made it home safely. I was praying for you. Yatta~
Bai bai shi shi
-Nicky

 
At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ヘーリー、
おかえりなさい!
でんわばんごうおしえってください。
ジョナサンより

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haley!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad that you got back home safely!! ... I miss you chooo Very Much!!!

Love YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Kayo

 
At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haley! Just to let you know, Okinawa is better than Hawaii. Seriously though, don't be bummed and miss people. It's not healthy... just kidding. I hope all is well!

peace 'n love
.mjs

 
At 5:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude..you are slacking! Where is your faithful update?? Love ya lots!! Merry Christmas!

Shan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home