Monday, June 04, 2007

mexico missions

The weekend before school got out (which was a few weeks ago, which then implies that I'm bad at posting consistently thus my little "week" thing totally fell apart before my eyes...) we went to Mexico for a mission trip! It was at an orphanage about 45 minutes into the border.




Our hotel.


To breakfast...


Jeanette is making two things: her famous scrambled eggs, and the most wacked out face ever.




This little girl got adopted and her new family was going to pick her up that weekend. Neither of us could understand what the other was saying, but we still had some pretty intense conversations. She kept saying "a huego! a huego!" (to the playground! to the playground!) and for some reason I kept answering in Japanese...I dunno.








Mija was trying to jack the bandana that I needed to cover my greasy nap, but instead I gave her my praystrong bracelet. I got that thing in Japan, so it's special!


Pastor Hasan's house.














Tom was our translator, so he ordered all of our tacos. Go Tom!


The capstone of the trip...the five billion ounce Manzana Lift, every true Mexican's favorite drink.


It was a pretty tiring trip, and it helped me get a better understanding of what it means to serve beyond your bodily comfort, even though of all the people I probably served the least. Us girls did a look of cooking and tending to the niños while the guys took care of church construction. I can't believe the people at the orphanage are able to do what they do with so little help sometimes. They are pretty much incredible!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good times and great memories. i loved that pic displaying two of my best qualities: egg making and retarded facial expressions... gracias :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home