Friday, March 23, 2007

coffee shop devos

Most mornings I meet Jeanette in the coffee shop and start the day with my Bible.




I've been going through Ezekiel, and I can't wait to get to this one passage:


That's Ezekiel 11:19 (NASB)
And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God.

This encourages me because I know it's God who will provide the heart change. I don't have to conjure it up on my own. All I have to do is be willing to let Him do that work. Because it's God who's at work in me, both to will and to work. I can't change my will, but I don't have to. Ahhhhh, it's so good to relax.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! that was an encouraging reminder I need a whole lot right now. Sleep is the other need good night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home