Tuesday, September 11, 2007

dorm trip spring 07!

Good news. And bad news.

The good news is that my girls and I went on a surfing x-travaganza this Saturday, and it was really really fun. They are my pride and joy, and I love being their dorm mom. :)

The bad news it that Sam lost her camera with her debit card in the case, leaving her with no money and leaving you without any of the wonderful pictures from our big day out. BUMMER.

However, I pulled out my camera to document us shoving our faces with icecream.

Janece had an invisible scoop (she just wanted a cone).



Sam's new line of lip gloss.


Cathrin, Courtney, and Gary.


Janece's minicone. She kept having issues with hers.


Dogs!!!!



Anyway, the surfing was so much fun. I got pretty much thrashed a few times, but it's all good. My arms and my right thigh are toast, and my bum is pretty sore thanks to Sam's board going airborn. Knocked me right off my stick, yo. As lame as this may sound, something about surfing makes me feel a lot closer to God. Maybe because it's so easy to talk to Him when I'm just hanging out in the waves.

Anyhow, my "profound realization" is this - that God really does care about the "dumb things". When I was out there, almost without thinking I asked Him to help me catch a wave. Then I kind of rebuked myself for asking such a picky thing. Then I caught a wave. It's like He was letting me know that, yes, He cares about those small things too. Pretty cool, to me at least.

So with that said, pray for Sam's camera. She already cancelled out her debit card, so that's a thing of the past. But that camera was sweet, and it has all our fun memories on it. She needs it back!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM , Blogger Bradley said...

Take care of my Janecy-poo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home