Tuesday, July 10, 2007

God's little people

I would like to take this time to tell on my children.

Today I made them Native American Indian names. Pretty much I told them to pick an "ing" verb, and then their favorite animal. I think the most absurd names ended up being Flying Dog, Impersonating Pony, and my personal favorite, Spinning Goat. It's just the mental picture...

I have this one boy, Aaron...help me out here. I mean, does "If you're done eating that sandwich throw it away" imply that I wanted him to toss his ham and turkey medley under a chair? Maybe it was the fact that the chocolate cake smear on the floor matched the one across his cheek, yet he still denied ownership of that chocolate cake. Maybe it's his inability to use a broom to sweep up his gummy lego bites and orange cheeto powder.

Or maybe it's that I have to call Hope's name a minimum of four times to get her attention, even if she is two feet away and looking at me. It could be Evan, whose voice has same pitch and decible-count of a smoke alarm. Or maybe it's Jamarius, the height of laziness, who will complain bitterly if your request requires any movement that exceeds eyeball shifting.

How could I demand such back-breaking work from these poor children? Depriving a kid from sixty seconds of dinosaur time to make them pick up the chewed up lunchable leftovers and dirty underwear that some poor leader would've otherwise picked up with their bare exposed hands...what injustice. I mean come on!! You can't be that hopelessly pea-brained, even if you are in elementary school.

But. And it's a big but. I still manage to like these stinkers. I might even venture to say that sometimes I really really like them....OKAY, I love them. They drive me crazy! But they are God's little people. I just had to pick on them, because they pick on me. And jump on me. And assault me with their sticky little ring-worm infested hands. But they're cute. But they drive me crazy. But I love them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home