Friday, April 25, 2008

recent fun

I was ringing up a lady at the Mountain High counter and the phone rang. Hello, I said.
"Shouldn't you be working harder!?" the other voice said.
"What?" Which dork is this, I thought.
"Shouldn't you be working harder!?" the other voice said again. I knew who it was.
"Hooks!!"
"Hey buttface." Yeah, it was definitely Alex Hooks. Our old manager who we love to pieces even though he ditched us for a road trip.

I asked him what he was doing.

"Well that sounds fun. You've just been climbing a lot....You're in where?.......What are you doing in Utah!?....You're in a sand storm!?"
By now the lady trying to buy a spork is looking at me like I'm a fruitcake. I told her sorry but she would have to wait because my old manager needed help with his sand storm.
"Alex, hey, yeah, I'm with a customer so I can't check the weather right now but....three days?! Hah! Dude...Yeah hang in there buddy, I'll get somebody."

So Alex was caught in a sandstorm. In Utah. But I think he's out now and we're happy for him. But we still miss him, especially when Pandora plays Nappy Dreads.

Surprise attack on his last day, doh!



In other news, the mail brought me a new picture of the missionary I support in India. It's been four years since his last one, and he looks the same, except for the beard and a little Indian lady standing next to him all smiley. I'm not surprised he got married because he's very hansom. Anyway, congratulations to Sachin and Ashawini!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home